Iron Realms Flash Client – Triggers

Hot on the heels of my introductory screencast comes this one on making triggers with the IRE client. Hopefully I managed to explain the ‘this’ keyword without making it sound too baffling!

Next up will probably be a remake of my aliases tutorial with improved sound and maybe some better examples.

9 comments on “Iron Realms Flash Client – Triggers

• Citizen Joe  says:

How do you create more macros? I figured out how to edit them, but there’s no ‘new’ button to create more macros.

• matt  says:

As Flash is browser based any macro key combination will first be interpreted by the browser and/or the operating system before the client. Given that different browsers use different key combinations I thought it would be simpler just to restrict macros on the client to the number pad.

You can do some clever stuff with the keypad and a script to give yourself much more flexibility and I will post about it when I have more time.

• Rose  says:

Firstly, thank you for the screencasts you’ve done so far. They have been quite helpful.
    I have an issue with a trigger off the prompt in Imperian due to :, in the prompt. How do you deal with characters like these in patterns? I’m completely at a loss!

• Seth  says:

I was working with fmud and using the d in the pattern like in your video where you use (d+)h. The will disappear after each time I logout out. Is there anyway to prevent this?

• matt  says:

@Seth

That’s due to a problem in the scripting which IRE use to store the settings on their server. They are aware of it so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Until then you can use a different pattern to match the same thing. Take a look on the web for some regular expression guides as there are multiple ways to do things.

• Seth  says:

Next question, when I make triggers, it works fine till around 100 or so but after the 100th, when I log out it won’t remember them, the reason I’m guessing is that the IRE servers only hold so much. When I log back in sometimes the first 100 and sometimes all the aliases, and triggers are blank. So when I import my triggers to get the all the triggers it will sometimes double paste them sometimes and deleting all of them is a pain since I can’t have multiple ones selected and when you deleted one the last trigger on the list jumps to where the one you deleted was. Also when having over a 100 triggers in will make the macros disappear, and there is no way to recover them. Help!
    P.s Sorry to be a pester!

• Paul  says:

Can you set up trigger to read text from room descriptions? (i.e. automatically picking up certain items if they are there when you enter a room)

• John  says:

Is it possible to only highlight certain words in a line? I’m trying to make an echo that highlights only certain words, and was wondering if that were at all possible.

Example:

echo(‘You need to eat bloodroot!’)

and then highlight “Eat bloodroot” in red